Until January 9th, we will be providing limited access each week to a different one of our 7 TOK Samplers from Ideas Roadshow‘s IBDP Portal that explicitly demonstrate TOK concepts from the front lines of research. All TOK Samplers are inherently interdisciplinary, featuring experts across a wide range of disciplines.
From December 19th -25th we featured the TOK Sampler called Personal Perspectives which offers candid glimpses of the motivations, passions and frustrations of a variety of researchers at the front lines of knowledge. Each expert clip is roughly a minute in length and is paused briefly to highlight a sample knowledge question related to the material.
- Claudia de Rham, Physicist, Imperial College
- Josiah Ober, Political Scientist and Classicist, Stanford University
- Artur Ekert, Physicist, University of Oxford & NUS
- Jennifer Michael Hecht, Historian, Poet and Author, The New School
- Freeman Dyson, Physicist and Author, Institute for Advanced Study
- Jill Tarter, Astronomer, SETI Institute
- Ian Stewart, Mathematician and Author, University of Warwick