This week you’re able to view Ideas Roadshow’s IBDP TOK Sampler called History which examines different aspects of History as an area of knowledge. TOK Samplers demonstrate TOK concepts in an interdisciplinary framework, featuring specially curated minute-long expert clips grouped around broader TOK themes.
Each expert clip is roughly a minute in length and is paused briefly to highlight a sample knowledge question related to the material.
The following eminent historians are featured in this video:
- A Worthy Topic – Michael Gordin, Princeton University
- Current Awareness – John Elliott, Professor of History, University of Oxford
- Concrete Ceilings – Margaret Jacob, Professor of History, UCLA
- Battling Taboos – Darrin McMahon, Professor of History, Dartmouth College
- Tying It All Together – Maria Mavroudi, Professor of History, UC Berkele
- Repossessing Understanding – Stefan Collini, Professor of History, University of Cambridge
- Scientific Outreach – David Cannadine, Professor of History, Princeton University
All 21 Ideas Roadshow’s TOK Samplers are available for separate rental or purchase through Vimeo on Demand (see here), but it’s worth stressing that every TOK Sampler is part of Ideas Roadshow’s IBDP Portal and is included with your individual or institutional subscription.
Our website features additional information about our innovative video and print resources tailor-made to support teachers and students in the Diploma Programme, including 2 videos for TOK teachers: one describing how you can use our resources for the present TOK course, as well as our TOK 2020 Transition video, detailing how our resources can assist teachers to successfully transition to the new TOK course.