Until July 17 you could freely watch Ideas Roadshow’s TOK Sampler called Knowledge & Language which explores different aspects of how language is related to the knowledge process. TOK Samplers demonstrate TOK concepts in an interdisciplinary framework, featuring specially curated minute-long expert clips grouped around broader TOK themes.
Each expert clip is roughly a minute in length and is paused briefly to highlight a sample knowledge question related to the material.
The following renowned experts across a wide range of disciplines are featured in this video:
- Language and Morality – David Armitage, Harvard University
- Bilingualism’s Impact – Ellen Bialystok, York University
- Literary Justification – Maria Mavroudi, UC Berkeley
- Leading Towards Misinformation – Elizabeth Loftus, UC Irvine
- Uncovering Clichés – Stefan Collini, University of Cambridge
- Wielding an Anti-rhetoric – Nile Green, UCLA
- Embodiment – Carol Padden, UC San Diego
All 21 Ideas Roadshow’s TOK Samplers are available for separate rental or purchase through Vimeo on Demand (see here), but it’s worth stressing that every TOK Sampler is part of Ideas Roadshow’s IBDP Portal and is included with your subscription.
Our website features additional information about our video and print resources, including 2 videos for TOK teachers: one describing how you can use our resources for the present TOK course, as well as our TOK 2020 Transition video, detailing how our resources can assist teachers to successfully transition to the new TOK course.