Until January 15th you were able to view a TOK Samplers from Ideas Roadshow‘s IBDP Portal. TOK Samplers explicitly demonstrate TOK concepts from the front lines of research and are inherently interdisciplinary, featuring experts across a wide range of disciplines.
Extending Experience emphasizes the vital role our past experiences play in shaping our current understanding.
Each expert clip is roughly a minute in length and is paused briefly to highlight a sample knowledge question related to the material.
The following experts are featured in this TOK Sampler:
- Mathematical Intuition – James Robert Brown, Philosopher, University of Toronto
- Self-Identification – David J. Goldberg, Sr Rabbi, Liberal Jewish Synagogue London
- Learning From History – Michael Gordin, Historian, Princeton University
- Observing the Universe – Justin Khoury, Physicist, University of Pennsylvania
- Increased Tolerance – Elizabeth Loftus, Psychologist, UC Irvine
- Our Need For Enchantment – Darrin McMahon, Historian, Dartmouth College
- Losing Yourself – Miguel Nicolelis, Neuroscientist, Duke University
- Playing Differently – David Politzer, Nobel Laureate Physics, Caltech
Please contact email@example.com if you’d like to receive further information about Ideas Roadshow’s IBDP Portal and individual subscriptions ($200 per year) and institutional subscriptions (pricing is based on the number of DP students in your school).
Both individual and institutional subscriptions offer full access to our comprehensive database of more than 400 video and print resources tailor-made for the Diploma Programme, capturing uniquely accessible insights of over 60 top researchers, including 2 Nobel Laureates, to support teachers and students with TOK, TOK Connections, 21 DP subjects and the Extended Essay.