Until January 9th, we will be providing limited access each week to a different one of the seven TOK Samplers from Ideas Roadshow‘s IBDP Portal that explicitly demonstrate TOK concepts from the front lines of research. All TOK Samplers are inherently interdisciplinary, featuring experts across a wide range of disciplines.
From December 26th until January 1st we featured on this page the TOK Sampler called Encountering Assumptions which highlights the numerous biases and assumptions that are regularly encountered during the search for knowledge. Each expert clip is roughly a minute in length and is paused briefly to highlight a sample knowledge question related to the material.
- Ellen Bialystok, Psychologist, York University
- Joseph Curtin, Violinmaker and Acoustician, Joseph Curtin Associates
- Matthew Walker, Neuroscientist, UC Berkeley
- Frans de Waal, Anthropologist, Emory University
- Lisa Feldman Barrett, Psychologist, Northeastern University
- Mark Bevir, Political Scientist, UC Berkeley
- Stephen Hinshaw, Psychologist, UC Berkeley
- Margaret Jacob, Historian, UCLA
- Roger Penrose, Physicist, University of Oxford