Each week, from today until January 9th, we will be providing limited access to a different one of our 7 TOK Samplers from Ideas Roadshow‘s IBDP Portal that explicitly demonstrate TOK concepts from the front lines of research. All TOK Samplers are inherently interdisciplinary, featuring experts across a wide range of disciplines.
This week’s TOK Sampler is Communicating Concepts, which focuses on the challenges and opportunities associated with the communication of knowledge. Each expert clip is roughly a minute in length and is paused briefly to highlight a sample knowledge question related to the material. Communicating Concepts will also naturally appeal to teachers of English Language and Literature, given its obvious focus on the use and abuse of language in communicating ideas to a broad public audience.
Featuring the following experts:
- Nima Arkani-Hamed, Physicist, Institute for Advanced Study
- Michael Berry, Prof. of Chinese Culture, UCLA
- Stefan Collini, Historian and Professor of English, University of Cambridge
- Carol Dweck, Psychologist, Stanford University
- John Elliott, Historian, University of Oxford
- Andy Hoffman, Professor of Sustainable Enterprise, University of Michigan
- Martin Jay, Historian, UC Berkeley
- Pankaj Mishra, Author