Each week, from today until January 9th, we provide limited access to a different one of our 7 TOK Samplers from Ideas Roadshow‘s IBDP Portal that explicitly demonstrate TOK concepts from the front lines of research. All TOK Samplers are inherently interdisciplinary, featuring experts across a wide range of disciplines.
From December 5th -11th we featured the TOK Sampler called Communicating Concepts, which focuses on the challenges and opportunities associated with the communication of knowledge. Each expert clip is roughly a minute in length and is paused briefly to highlight a sample knowledge question related to the material.
Featuring the following experts:
- Nima Arkani-Hamed, Physicist, Institute for Advanced Study
- Michael Berry, Prof. of Chinese Culture, UCLA
- Stefan Collini, Historian and Professor of English, University of Cambridge
- Carol Dweck, Psychologist, Stanford University
- John Elliott, Historian, University of Oxford
- Andy Hoffman, Professor of Sustainable Enterprise, University of Michigan
- Martin Jay, Historian, UC Berkeley
- Pankaj Mishra, Author